Whether your group is coming for half a day or a full week, at The Land we make sure that every young person visiting us discovers the truth that small changes can make a big difference in our work to care for creation!
This summer, The Land’s mission program is open to groups of twenty-five or less with ages ranging anywhere from elementary school to college students. While working together on designated projects, young people will learn about gardening, composting and the promise held in the work of conserving the prairie ecosystem.
In 2021, the suggested donation for a full-day mission experience at The Land is $25/participant. This donation ensures we can offer each group coming to The Land a customized curriculum paired with a project designed for your team’s interest and abilities.
For more information about The Land’s summer mission program, you are welcome to complete the form located on this page or to contact Pastor Stephanie directly at [email protected]
The Land’s safety guidelines are:
- In order to promote the health and safety of all participants at The Land, the following guidelines for participation are required.
- Volunteers must complete the Volunteer Release Form prior to volunteering at The Land.
- Volunteers will stay on designated pathways, respect wildlife, and leave all native plants on the prairie undisturbed unless otherwise instructed by a volunteer leader from The Land.
- The Land continues to follow the CDC Guidelines and is requesting that volunteers continue to wear masks until further notice.
- Due to the high activity of rattlesnakes on the property, it is highly recommended that all persons wear long pants and boots while at The Land.
- Due to the high temperatures at The Land during the summer months, it is highly recommended that all persons bring enough water to stay hydrated, sunscreen and a hat/sun glasses.