Was your youth mission trip canceled due to COVID-19?
The Land is a great option for local youth groups who want to experience the call to care for creation in real-time!
The Land Summer Mission Program is back and ready to make this summer meaningful for local youth groups seeking opportunities to serve their communities. Youth will learn about gardening, composting and the promise held in the work of conserving the prairie ecosystem! While changes have been made in our program to ensure we are gathering as safely as possible during the pandemic, the opportunity to make a difference by caring for creation has stayed the same!
The first step is picking and reserving the time and date for your mission experience. Since our group size is limited, you may wish to pick a series of dates to allow more options for your congregation to choose from. The online sign-up offers you the choice of three shifts on each day available. Reserving a ‘shift’ ensures that we will stay below our volunteer numbers for that time of day so we can focus solely on your group.
The second step will be communicating the safety guidelines for gathering at The Land which includes completing a Waiver and Release of Liability form prior to coming. This form outlines all the safety guidelines for mission teams and ensures that everyone has what they need to have fun, work hard, and stay safe.
The Land’s safety guidelines are:
- All volunteers planning to come work onsite are required to sign-up using The Land’s online signupgenius form at least 12 hours prior to arrival.
- All persons must wear a mask and maintain a 6 feet distance from any person outside of their household.
- All persons must check-in upon arrival and check-out upon departure via The Land’s website (thelandaurora.org)
- No person shall participate in activities onsite at The Land prior to having signed both waivers and release of liability forms.
- Due to the high activity of rattlesnakes on the property, it is highly recommended that all persons wear long pants and boots while at The Land.
- Due to the high temperatures at The Land during the summer months, it is highly recommended that all persons bring enough water to stay hydrated, sunscreen, and a hat/sunglasses.
As the date of your mission experience gets closer, Pastor Stephanie will work directly with the leader of your group to ensure that the project your group will be working on and the content your group will be learning about, meet the specific needs of your faith community.
To get additional information about scheduling your group’s mission experience at The Land, complete the form below and someone will follow up with you within 48 hours.